Today’s “Tasty Tuesday” healthy snack is the baked chicken walnut salad! Make sure you check for any food allergies you or your children may have prior to preparing this delicious snack. Enjoy!
Kid’s Baked chicken walnut salad (Yield about 4)
2 chicken breasts (cut in small ¼ in pieces)
½ cup. Walnuts (slightly smashed)
Spring Mix Salad (Dole spring mix 6 oz.)
¼ c. feta cheese or parmesan
¼ c. raisins
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. pepper
2 T. canola oil
Balsamic Vinegar Mix
½ c. olive oil
½ c. balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. of crushed garlic or powdered
Salt and Pepper to taste
(Or buy bottle mix)
Method of Prep
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Oil both chicken breasts with the 2 T. of canola oil and season with salt and pepper, then place on baking sheet with parchment paper and cook for 10-12 min or till brown.
3. In a bowl while chicken is cooking mix together spring mix salad, cheese, walnuts and raisins.
4. Then in separate bowl whisk vigorously together vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper till somewhat blended.
5. Take out cooked chicken, cut in small ¼ inch pieces and add to salad mix.
6. Serve individually to small plates and pour balsamic mix on top of salad.